Happy Saturday my good people. It's author Saturday Spotlight time! This week we have the fabulous and talented Jaclyn Osborn. She' s written such books as Strength to Forgive, Dear Adam, the Awakening Series, and so much more. We are going chat with her this fine day and get to know her better. We'll look at some of her amazing work, and there's the giveaway at the end that you don't want to miss! Get comfy!
One moment…that’s all it takes for life as you once knew it to change irrevocably. For Michael Kingston, that moment was when he first laid eyes on Gabriel. In his life, Michael had only known darkness, leaving behind a broken shell of a man. Unspeakable memories of his childhood constantly plagued him, causing him to disconnect emotionally from the world. No one had ever shown him love; therefore, he believed that he was unworthy of it. And then everything changed.
Gabriel Greyson had always been different. Growing up in a small Bible thumping town, his preferences for men, make-up, and fashion made him an outcast. But, with the support and love of his family, he overcame obstacles that were thrown his way and rose above the intolerance. He danced to the beat of his own glammed out drum and refused to believe that he was anything other than ultra-fabulous. Working as a beautician, he had a job he adored and felt that everything was perfect in his life. Everything except for true love.
When these two unlikely men meet, sparks fly. For the first time in Michael’s life, he feels like he can overcome the darkness inside of him. Gabriel gives him hope and slowly brings him out of the shadows, showing him that even the darkest of souls can be redeemed. But there are secrets that Michael keeps locked away. Will Gabriel see past the torments of Michael’s past, or will he turn away from him when he discovers the truth? After all….who could ever love a beast?
**WARNING: This story contains suicidal material that may be sensitive to some readers. **
Things weren’t supposed to turn out this way. My story should have been different. Happier. Maybe in another life, it would’ve been. But, life isn’t a fairy tale, and the good guys don’t always win.
I didn’t mean to cause anyone pain. I just wanted to end my own. The letter, his words—crushed me. It seemed as if there was no other way out. Nothing can change what happened, and nothing could have prepared me for what came after those two words: Dear Adam.
After a devastating fire takes their parents, nineteen-year-old Aeron Turner and his autistic twin brother, Aiden, are starting over. Attempting to escape the painful memories and relentless guilt, the twins journey to Cadbury, Oklahoma in hopes that the family they barely know can help keep them together.
Luke Daniels struggles every day with his painful past, just trying to piece his life back together again. Running his diner gives him an escape from the haunting memories, but ghosts never stay buried for long and old wounds leave scars that make it hard to forget.
When a random encounter brings Aeron and Luke together, they must learn to overcome their pasts or be lost in them forever.
Thank you, Jaclyn, for being my spotlight author today! I’m super excited to talk with you and get to know you a little better. You exploded into the M/M genre in 2015 and you were fierce with your entrance. I’m gonna poke around your brain a bit. Let’s get started.
As I said 2015 was a big year for you as an author. Most people only get out 1 book a year maybe 2. You were a powerhouse. How did you push out so many books and stay sane? How’d you keep them organized?
· Wouldn’t quite say I stayed sane..bahaha joking. Thank you for the kind words! I was very fortunate to have support at home that helped me live my dream for sure. When I wrote “Michael’s Awakening,” I wasn’t even sure if it would get published. So, in a way, I wrote it just for me and hoped for the best. Support from friends helped me find a publisher to submit it to. Right when it got accepted by my amazing publishing house, Encompass Ink, I began writing book 2 “Zack’s Awakening.” In August 2015, another character began speaking to me, and I stopped everything I was currently working on and wrote my Young Adult novella “Dear Adam.”
· My organization process really works for me J I have a notebook for each book, plus a separate notebook for book ideas. I also have a journal that I write inspirational quotes inside of that I refer to when I need that extra kick of courage and love.
You’ve written two books in your Awakening Series. Michael’s Awakening and Zack’s Awakening. Are there more to come with this series?
· Definitely! There will for sure be a Book 3, and maybe a Book 4. Old, beloved characters will make appearances in both, and new ones will be introduced. Criminal Law has always been a love of mine, so that’s one reason I love Michael so much, aka Mr. Badass Prosecuting Attorney. In the next Awakening book, there will be a lot more of Michael as the character from that book goes up against him in court ;) I’m very excited about the next books in the series and I hope others are as well.
You are a fan of The Lord of the Rings. What character do you relate to most and would love to play if you could?
· This question is amazing haha I have a major crush on Legolas. Not just Orlando Bloom, but Legolas himself. That long, blond hair and blue eyes...rawr. Plus, he’s great with a bow. I probably relate to Merry or Pippin the most. They’re curious, love music, funny, and always wanting food haha In the Hobbit movies, I’d have to relate to Bilbo the most, though. I love my favorite chair and my books. And I’m the happiest while at home and in my own little sanctuary. But there is a wonderful world outside as well, and a balance of both is great for the mind and soul.
The Scars We Hide is your second book in your Cadbury Series. Is there a release date set for it and what can we be expecting from it?
· Yes, there is! J The release date is August 12, 2016. So, just a few more weeks! Out of all the books I’ve written, this one was my absolute favorite. Peyton and Torin (the two main characters) are each so beautifully broken in their own ways. Peyton had his heart broken in the past, whereas Torin had never had his touched. They challenged me as a writer, but I’m so thankful for that. Peyton’s past was very tough to write (not going to give anything away here) so there will be a few trigger warnings on the book, but I hope that people still give these two amazing men a chance.
What are the emotions an author, yourself, go through during the publishing stage? How do you cope with all of it?
· While writing the book, I’ll think it’s good one day, and then total crap the next. I think every author feels that way lol Before a book release, I become a huge bundle of nerves. I worry that people will hate my story and will rip it apart. I just have to remind myself that I can’t please everybody, though. This is also why I write from the heart. If I love my story, the rest is just a wonderful bonus J Once release day hits, I normally get really excited and stalk Amazon all day long.
· I cope with my anxiety by doing things that make me happy—like reading, binging my favorite TV shows, and talking to my close friends. A glass or two of wine never hurts any either ;)
Do you have any author inspirations?
· The authors that fueled my love for reading are Gena Showalter and Sherrilyn Kenyon. Their ability to create such fantastic worlds and characters just blows my mind. I’m still hoping for a gay Lord of the Underworld, Miss Showalter…. *taps foot impatiently*
Can you tell us about any of your future works?
· Of course! J I’ve already mentioned another book or two in my Awakening series, but I also have a Book 3 planned for my Cadbury series. I’m a lover of many genres, not just contemporary, so I’m already venturing into other subgenres of MM romance: medieval fantasy, historical, and a paranormal. Readers can expect a few Young Adult books from me in the future as well. Although I love writing adult romance, I love writing YA stories about love and acceptance too. So you will see both from me J
· Oh, and I’m working on a top secret project with another author. But I can’t say anymore. Yes, I’m a tease ;)
How can your readers follow you via social media?
· This is my Facebook Author Page where readers can keep up with my new releases and sales https://www.facebook.com/JaclynOsbornAuthor/
· They can send me a friend request on Facebook! I love talking to my readers, and I’ve made some really close friends that way.
· I also have a Twitter @jaclyn_osborn
Fast Fire Questions:
Favorite Flower? Red rose. That love may or may not derive from Beauty and the Beast.
Favorite Food? Pizza
Favorite Smell? Autumn
Biggest pet peeve? People who chew their food really loud and/or gulp their drinks.
Favorite vacation spot? Rivendell
Beer, liquor, or wine? Wine
Ice cream or cake? Always cake
Okay, Jaclyn, thank you so very much for being here and for letting us get to know you a little better!
Thank you for having me! <3
Enter Jaclyn's giveaway to win a $10.00 Amazon Gift Card!
Fill out the rafflecopter below.
Contest ends August 5th!
Huge thank you to Jaclyn for being here today!
a Rafflecopter giveaway