Thursday, September 5, 2019

GRL Spotlight: Reese Knightley


GayRomLit or as some refer to it as GRL truly is the must-attend event for people who create and celebrate LGBT romance. For those who are unfamiliar with what GRL is I can try and summarize it. Every year in October (this year it’s the 17th to the 20th with pre-events on the 16th) the LGBT community consisting of authors, narrators, readers, and professionals gather to share in their love of LGBT romance. There are signings, author lounges, many events, spotlights, it really is hours of fun.
The location changes every year and on the opening night of each year the spot for the next year  is announced. During this time at GRL there are two signings. One for Registered Authors and one for Featured Authors.
At these signings you can go to the authors’ tables, talk, have them sign swag they have, books you’ve brought, pick up pre-orders, and they will even sign something you brought from home.
Lounges are set up as well these are outside the signing times. Registered authors have one and featured have two lounges.
There will also be spotlights with readings, Q&A’s and so much more.
Now until October 14th Diverse Reader is spotlighting authors that will be at this years GRL. And if you want to know more about it simply head over to the site by clicking here:

Now for our Spotlight Author of the day!





 Where to Find Reese at the Event



Author Signing 10:00-Noon Thursday 10/17
Author Lounge 10:00-10:45 Friday 10/18

I don’t have an order form but if you’d like a signed copy of any of my Out for Justice series you can PM on Facebook for the cost and shipping. I’m flying to the venue so it’s best if you bring your own book for me to sign.









Thank you so much Meredith King and Diverse Reader for giving me the opportunity to introduce myself. I’ve been a self-published author since July 2018. This year at GRL I’ll be highlighting my Out for Justice series. Four books published so far with the fifth and final book coming out next year.
GRL is a time when many authors in this wonderful genre come together to celebrate. Last year was my first GRL and I only had the one book published. I went as a reader. I felt awkward and tongue tied but I met a lot of really nice people face to face and some of my all-time favorites in the MM genre.
Generosity and diversity are what GRL and this community represent for me. So, I’ll be going to GRL again this year, but this time I’ll be attending as a registered author. I can already tell that I’ll feel (keeping fingers crossed) a bit more comfortable. So, if you see me, please stop and say hello! I’m excited to be going and I’m so grateful beyond words for this community.
-Reese








Buy the books here on Amazon!  author.to/Reeseknightleybooks









About Reese
A bit about me, I’m an extra introvert and feel more at home behind a computer screen than I do in public. I can talk over the phone for hours, but face to face not so much. People used to call me standoffish in high school, but I’m truly not. I am a very shy introverted nerd who always had my nose in a book. I read my first MM book by RJ Scott called the Christmas Throwaway and never looked back. I’m a full-time writer. It’s not always easy, but I’m so grateful that I’m doing something that I love.  

Find Reese Here: https://linktr.ee/reeseknightley

1 comment: