Sunday, September 8, 2019

GRL Spotlight: Abigail Kade


GayRomLit or as some refer to it as GRL truly is the must-attend event for people who create and celebrate LGBT romance. For those who are unfamiliar with what GRL is I can try and summarize it. Every year in October (this year it’s the 17th to the 20th with pre-events on the 16th) the LGBT community consisting of authors, narrators, readers, and professionals gather to share in their love of LGBT romance. There are signings, author lounges, many events, spotlights, it really is hours of fun.
The location changes every year and on the opening night of each year the spot for the next year  is announced. During this time at GRL there are two signings. One for Registered Authors and one for Featured Authors.
At these signings you can go to the authors’ tables, talk, have them sign swag they have, books you’ve brought, pick up pre-orders, and they will even sign something you brought from home.
Lounges are set up as well these are outside the signing times. Registered authors have one and featured have two lounges.
There will also be spotlights with readings, Q&A’s and so much more.
Now until October 14th Diverse Reader is spotlighting authors that will be at this years GRL. And if you want to know more about it simply head over to the site by clicking here:

Now for our Spotlight Author of the day!





 Where to Find Abigail at the Event 



Thursday morning signing:  10am-12pm
 Lounge on Friday 12pm-12-45 

Pre-order sign-up: 











This is my first year as an author at GRL. I had the pleasure of attending last year as a reader and had a blast! So, this year I’m honored to be there to share my worlds with everyone. I’ve tried my hand at several different genres this year, from sweet contemporary to dark romance and a very different paranormal world in between. The main thing I’d like to tell everyone about my work this year is that no matter the genre, you can always expect to be surprised as I hope to make you rethink preconceived notions. In my world a flirty guy who wears feminine things can also be totally in charge in the bedroom, you can empathize with an assassin,  and you can have a guy wrongfully imprisoned embrace his inner magic and persevere against all the odds. And on top of all of this, I hope to bring surprises and the warm squishy feels to every one of my stories. I can’t wait to see everyone this year! Join my reader group on Facebook for up to the minute information about my appearance or upcoming releases (I have one coming out in Sept. 12, hint, hint) 


Then once you’re at GRL, come by my signing on Thursday morning 10am-12pm and my lounge on Friday 12pm-12-45 and say hi!
Book preorder form will be open until Sept 15th.











Until the Stars Fall
Fairpoint, Alabama is a quiet coastal town nestled in the heart of the deep south. Over the years, the vibrant art community has attracted an eclectic group of residents who are proud to call this small haven on the Gulf Coast home. Come visit this small eccentric town known as the pride of lower Alabama and enjoy the tales of the men who call this lovely place home.

Working in his aunt's design firm as a commercial architect and interior designer, Ladd Eldridge has lived his life since the age of 15 to perfection. As long as he has control over every aspect of his life, he won't have to remember all the years he was neglected, hungry and virtually raising his younger brothers by himself. With a father he barely remembered and a negligent mother who eventually abandoned them for her latest drinking buddy, his childhood was nothing but poverty and struggle until they were brought to Fairpoint and reunited with his father's family. Ladd keeps a tight grip on his world to ruthlessly avoid the chaos of his childhood, but his greatest wish is to have a home and family with someone special. He needs to find a man who will make him feel loved and convince him it's finally safe to let go.

Connor McDaniel is still licking his wounds from the spectacular failure of his last relationship. He had already bought a ring and was mentally planning their future family when his boyfriend of 2 years left him without a backward glance. Connor took the job overseeing the renovation of a historic building in Fairpoint for his family's company, to get as far away from his ex and his glorious new life as possible. He'll regroup and turn his vision of his own Scottish pub into reality. He's been looking for the perfect building to make his dream come true and if he can't have his personal life succeed, he's determined to make his work successful. But Connor is still a closet romantic and all he's ever wished for was a man to love and protect who will help him create a family of his own.

Ladd and Connor both gazed longingly at the same stars and made their heartfelt wishes, never knowing that when their stars fell, their wishes really could come true.








In the Lion’s Den

Danial “Nial” Rourke is the oldest son of a criminal shifter family, but wants nothing to do with the family business. As a rare pureblood shifter with no abilities, he's treated as human and is able to live a relatively normal life. One night out with his brother to celebrate his graduation changes everything. Now, Nial is a convicted murderer and his pureblood status means he'll be going to Starke Penitentiary for criminal beasts. The high stone walls, human prejudice, and the worst of the shifter world make it a deadly place for someone like Nial. If his father can't pull some strings and get Nial protection, he'll never make his next birthday alive.

Ezekiel “Ze” de Koening is Nial's only chance for survival. He's gruff, intimidating, and a rare lion shifter, indifferent one minute and protective the next. But Ze soon seems to grow fond of his new cellmate, saying Nial's too pretty and weak to survive on his own. He'll babysit, for now. Just when things seem to settle into a routine, Nial is forced to confide in his protector. He’s much more than he claims to be, and he's holding onto some deep secrets. And Nial is sure Ze is keeping secrets of his own. Secrets that could be deadly.

When the violence inside escalates, and their world unexpectedly explodes, there’s only one way out for either of them. Through an unimaginable trial, freedom finally comes. But freedom will come with an unexpected price, neither one was prepared to pay.








To Have and To Hold

My name is Worthington Winters, and I have a confession before I die.

I know he's a killer. I know one day he may even kill me, but I don't care. Because I feel more free with my captor than I ever did with my husband.

My husband courted me, seduced me, ensnared me, then subjugated me in my own home. He pushed and I would bend. Until, one day he pushed too far, and I pushed back. I escaped and thought I was free, but I was so wrong.

Now my captor has me in his grasp. He’s supposed to squeeze me until I give him the information I took from my husband. I’ll never do it, so I know I’m destined to die. But, he’s beginning to see beyond my scars, my shriveled heart, and he’s forcing me to look, too.

As my captor makes me look into the darkest depths of my soul, I finally find my truth, who I truly am and want to be. As strange as it may seem, through the sweetest pain and most exquisite torture he inflicts, I finally feel free.

The truth may give me a new life I never knew existed. If I can survive.


This book is part of CRIMINAL DELIGHTS. Each novel can be read as a standalone and contains a dark M/M romance.
Warning: These books are for adult readers who enjoy stories where lines between right and wrong get blurry. High heat, twisted and tantalizing, these are not for the fainthearted.








Until I Met You

James- "Until I met you, I never knew how lonely I really was."

James Eldridge has lived his entire life taking care of others, like his free spirit of a
brother and later his teenage nephews. For James, his needs have always come last for the good and safety of his family. When forty comes knocking and he meets a bright, glittering ray of sunshine named Ethan, he finally realizes just how alone he's been. But old habits die hard, and James places himself firmly in the role of protector once again. Love just wasn't his to have. Never again would he put someone he cared for at risk for his own desires, no matter how much he truly wanted to hold on and never let go.

Ethan- "Until I met you, I never knew what I needed to finally feel whole again."

From an early age, life taught Ethan O'Leary some hard lessons. Parents weren't permanent. Death could come suddenly and without warning. And love wasn't ever going to work out for him. At sixteen, his best friend's family took him in after his beloved Gran passed suddenly. But as much as he loved them, it was never home. Now, at twenty-seven, Ethan lives his life out loud, bright as a peacock and just as showy. He's made peace with the hole in his heart. Then, straight-laced, over-cautious James walks into his life and a different future beckons him. But James fights the idea of a happily-ever-after between them, so Ethan must decide between fighting for their happiness or just letting go.

Fortunately, Ethan's not alone in his battle to win James's heart. With the help of a dating app, the Eldridge boys, the McDaniel Clan and a few surprises, it might just be possible for these two polar opposites to finally meet in the middle. If only James would just quit being an idiot.






Up Ship Creek

What happens when you find out the one person who always rubs you the wrong way can rub you the right way even better?

Taylor loathes boats and the water, but he accepts an invitation for a short cruise with his latest fling because the dick is good and he has the vacation time. How bad could it be? When he’s stood up and stranded without a cabin by the dick, he can’t believe who comes to his rescue. How in the hell is he supposed to survive four days in the same room with his secret wet dream armed with only a suitcase full of lingerie? He’ll need every last bit of self-control to survive without climbing and claiming mount Bart all for himself.

Bart’s brother won a cruise and convinced Bart to go. At the very last minute, his brother backs out and he winds up with a huge king suite all to himself. After the ship sails, he sees his favorite sexy designer desperately trying to find a place to stay on the sold-out cruise. Thrilled to come to the rescue, he offers to share his cabin since there’s plenty of room. It’s just the chance he’s been looking for to get Taylor to slow down and see what’s in front of him. Even if Taylor pretends to be immune to his charms, Bart’s a man with a plan and four days to make it happen.
Between Taylor’s suitcase of sexy fun, Bart’s surprising romantic side, and an unexpected Tropical Storm, these men will realize that being up the creek without a paddle is sometimes exactly where you’re meant to be.

Author Note: This 26,000 word novella is a stand-alone which follows two characters who were first introduced in the Just the Way You Are series of books. It is not necessary to have read those books to enjoy this one. However, if you’re curious about their world, there’s more to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment