Friday, March 29, 2019

Guest Post: Candice Blake ~ New Book Coming



Diverse Reader is so pleased to have author Candice Blake here to show you the cover of her new book and share a little about it! I hope you enjoy :D





Heya, I want to thank Meredith so much for the opportunity to guest post in her blog! I have to admit that doing a guest post on Diverse Reader was a bit scary and intimidating. I have a bad habit of procrastinating with things that I am unfamiliar with. Meredith has been really understanding and accommodating with this, and I thank her for that! <3



I am so honored to get to share my upcoming release with everyone!



I've never really given readers a behind the scenes look of my process when writing so I am hoping to use this opportunity to share!



When I first started planning out this series, I knew it was going to be about four brothers. In the first book, we get to look into the lives of two of them, Leo and Kingston. Throughout the series, I am going to reveal more about the whole family, including the two other brothers and their parents.



In the first book, we focus on Leo's story, the second youngest brother. I've always loved reading books that follow characters through a long period of time, so I try to do that throughout the whole series.



I write a lot of age gap and May to December books. But this one is a bit different because Leo, the younger MC takes on the more dominant role in the relationship. Graves is much older than Leo and he takes on the more submissive role. Graves is a huge softy, and after his divorce, he's been finding it hard to get back into dating. That's where Leo comes in to help out.



I've been trying to play around with different themes and tropes to make my stories less conventional, and I've been having a lot of fun in the writing process.



What I didn't expect was to fall in love with so many of the side characters in this book. There's Kingston, who is Leo's younger brother, and the next MC in the series. There's Leo's dad who has a very touching scene with his son Leo. (I won't reveal too much information on that so I don't spoil the story for you!) Then, there’s Graves’s best friend, Shawn, who helps guide Graves through this new relationship with a younger man.



Alright, enough chit-chat! Here's the cover and blurb for Leo (Beckford Brothers Book 1)!








RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, APRIL 2, 2019


Synopsis


LEO:


I’m cocky with a capital C and I own it. I have big dreams (and a big _ _ _ _). Nothing’s going to stop me from achieving everything I set my mind to.

As I begin my sophomore year in college, I need to move out of my dorm. One morning, I stumble across a 'Room For Rent' sign on someone's front lawn.

When I knock on the door, an older man with blond hair and kind green eyes opens it. His name is Graves and I find out he's a professor at my school.

I move into the beautiful Victorian home with Graves. At first, I want nothing to do with him since he's my landlord and a prof. But when I find out he needs my help, that's when everything changes...

I'm straight. Full stop.

But Graves...oh man, Graves. Why does he make me feel the things that I do when I'm with him?


GRAVES:

Since my divorce five years ago, my dating life has been terrible.

When Leo moves in, I have no idea how to get to this tall and rugged varsity athlete to open up to me. But I do see how good he is with women. How does this blue-eyed nineteen-year-old student know so much more than me when it comes to women?

Leo becomes my dating coach. At first, it's about helping me find someone. But what if that person is there all along?

I've been straight my whole life. But the chemistry between us is undeniable.

But I am hesitant to explore this...thing with Leo. Word spreads fast on campus, and if anyone finds out, I could lose everything…






Stay in contact with Candice



No comments:

Post a Comment