Diverse Reader is thrilled to have Susan Mac Nicol stop by and talk about some of her favorite things! YAY! There's also an awesome giveaway for one of you all you'll have to do is subscribe to her BookBub. Easy peasy. So, let's get this party started.
These are a few of my favourite things, tra la la
Today I’m going to show you a list. It’s a personal list of mine, and I thought I’d share it with you because I’m sure you have one of these of your own.
You’ve heard the song no doubt from The Sound of Music, Raindrops on Roses and all that stuff. If you haven’t heard this, you’re in for a treat if you pop down here and listen to Julie Andrews’ dulcet tones singing about kittens, mittens and brown paper packages….
I’m a woman who enjoys very simple pleasures. So, what sort of things do I love? (in no order of importance and excluding my family and friends) 😊
* Chocolate. It’s one of my biggest sins and I’m a fan of all things choccie, especially if it’s white chocolate.
* Adam Lambert and his wonderful music – I can’t have a Favourites list and not have him on it. That would be so not cool.
* A sausage roll. Hot, tasty and not too much pastry. There’s something about biting into a flaky bit of meaty goodness that makes me feel comforted.
* A bacon sandwich. Yes, I know most of my favourites are food related, that’s just the way I roll… Bacon is one of my ‘I’ll never give it up no matter what’ foods.
* An evening around a dinner table with good friends and family. I’m very partial to intimate gatherings where we can actually hear each other speak (unlike noisy clubs and restaurants) and where there’s a sense of familiarity and friendship.
* A roaring fire. Whether I’m at home or in a pub, there’s something about the crackle of logs and the warmth of orange flames that gives on a sense of contentment.
* My pyjamas or a comfy tracksuit. I’ll never make a list of best dressed women because I favour being comfortable over everything else. And my warm, fleecy jammies, worn with my slipper boots, certainly fit the bill.
* Walking on the beach and listening to the sea. It’s an inspirational experience, feeling the spray on your face and realising just how small we are in the greater scheme of things. It’s a sobering experience and puts things in perspective.
* Reading a great book. Not just a good one, but a great one, or a series I can get my teeth into and run with until I drop and there’s nothing left to read. Something like Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files, Benedict Jacka’s Alex Verus series and Ben Galley with his Emaneska stories. (I have a passion for Urban Fantasy as you can see)
I’m sure one of your favourite things is a giveaway so here we go. I’m looking to increase my BookBub readership so to enter the competition, pop down to my BookBub profile and give me a follow. Click on the Bookbub link to get there 😊 I’ll pick a random winner to get an e-book copy of For Fox Sake, the first book in my Fetish Alley series. You can read all about the inspiration for these three stories down on my website too.
The official stuff
Susan writes steamy, sexy and fun contemporary romance stories, some suspenseful, some gritty and dark. She’s also Editor in Chief at Divine Magazine, an online LGBTQ e-zine and a member of The Society of Authors, the Writers Guild of Great Britain, and the Authors Guild in the US.
Susan is also an award-winning script writer, with scripts based on two of her own published works. Sight Unseen has garnered no less than seven awards to date and her TV pilot, Reel Life, based on her debut novel, Cassandra by Starlight, was also a winner at the Oaxaca Film Fest.
The ‘unofficial’ stuff…
She loves going to the theatre, live music concerts (especially if it’s her man crush Adam Lambert) walks in the countryside, a good G and T, lazing away afternoons reading a good book, and watching re-runs of Silent Witness.
Her chequered past includes stories like being mistaken for a prostitute in the city of Johannesburg, being chased by a rhino on a dusty Kenyan road, getting kicked out of a youth club for being a ‘bad influence’ (she encourages free thinking) and having an aunt who was engaged to Cliff Richard
Keep In Touch
You can find all my social media links on my website https://www.authorsusanmacnicol.com
If you sign up to my newsletter, you’ll get a free short story called Strawberry Kisses.