Title: His Cursed Prince
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Cover Artist: L.C. Chase
Publication Date: December 28, 2018
Length: 98 pages
Reviewed by Morningstar
Three facts about Tuckington Belle:
1. Given the choice between illegally scaling the royal castle’s walls to steal flowers for a client at his family’s dress shop or going on a date with a girl his brother set him up with (“He’s fertile, and he can sew!”), Tuck will scale the wall like a spider after a fly.
2. If, upon knocking himself unconscious when he falls off the wall, Tuck wakes up bruised, blindfolded, and inside the castle, where—based on the unearthly wails heard nightly—the prince no one has seen in ten years is probably a ghost, Tuck would still choose this over a date with a girl.
3. Tuck thinks it’s time to admit he’s gay.
Three facts about Prince Frederick George Deor (Read and approved with great reluctance by Lord “Protocol is Protocol. Stop Being a Pain About It” Todd):
1. He brought a curse upon himself and now bears the skin of a snake.
2. He can’t take his eyes off the injured thief recovering in the castle.
3. Friendships born from lying and insisting the other person wears a blindfold can blossom into true love—which he needs to break the curse.
This is the first book of this author that I’ve ever read. The story and plot had lots of promise, but as someone who reads and loves all things fantasy, this was a hard sell for me.
What I loved most were the two characters, Tuck and Frederick. They were both full of life and personality and were easy to get to know and love. They were cute and Frederick having to hide definitely made watching their relationship evolve fun and unique. Tuck was really a good guy with a good heart, and he was the perfect guy to bring life back to the castle and his occupants, not just the Prince.
Oh, I also loved, LOVED the dog, Muffin and Tuck’s Mom was pretty awesome herself.
For me where it fell flat were two things. The world building is first. There were too many inconsistencies that brought me out of the story like cell phones and tweeting but no one had electricity except Frederick's castle. For no explained reason even though the castle had power and a dishwasher they never used technology, so letters and the such were still sent by horse and rider.
The other way that it fell flat was the sudden “I Love You’s” that came, for me as reader out of nowhere. I understand it’s a novella length book, so these things are typically rushed, but this was one moment they were still getting to know each other, the next they’re confessing love and saying it like it had been forever since they knew but they’d only known each other for four days.
These are just things that took me out of the story, so maybe for you, it would still work. Give it a try because overall it is still a cute romance story.
Enter the monthly review giveaway
Contest ends December 31st
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I am super behind with what has gone out this year so no idea what is on the way for this coming year. My son has kept me so busy that one of my resolutions is to get back to reading more.ReplyDelete
I don't have any books by name but anything by Andrew Grey. Stormy Glenn and Jayne Ann Krentz.ReplyDelete
Vampires is not at all like in the movies or books. Sure, I understand. You are young you have the whole world open to you. You can be anything that you choose if you apply yourself and try hard to work toward that goal. But being a Vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, But how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity, I can help you solve any problem you are havingReplyDelete
(1) If you want your ex back.
(2) If you want to stop having bad dreams.
(3) You want to be promoted in your office.
(4) You want women/men to run after you.
(5) If you want a child.
(6) You want to be rich.
(7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
(8) If you need financial assistance.
(9) If you want to stop your divorce.
(10 If you want to divorce your husband.
(11) If you want your wishes to be granted.
contact the Vampires Lord on his Email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com