Friday, August 1, 2014

Where I Stand... As if it Mattered!

All of us do not have equal talent, but all of us should have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.

~John F. Kennedy


*Big Sigh*

Once again the M/M genre is in an uproar! Shocking! But like any genre there is bound to be drama.

A couple of days ago there was an announcement made by two authors. Some know what I'm referring to, others may not. I'm not going to summarize it all for you, that's not the point of any of this. 

Truth is my opinion, where I stand doesn't matter. BUT! I will say why I am speaking out about it to begin with. 

It all started with a book, Power Exchange by AJ Rose. An author I knew nothing about. A book given to me by a friend to read. AJ's talent was apparent and I became enthralled.

Slowly ... VERY slowly through PM's I got to know AJ. It was during the creation of Queers that it grew, and let me tell you this, being part of THAT experience was a highlight for me. Late night messages, a book trailer all of it. Amazing!

What started as a simple, hey we like the same things, grew into something more. An amazing friendship. Unexpected but welcome and cherished.

So here I have this author whom I admire and actually gives me the time of day actually wanting to be my friend (Trust me it's nuts because I'm a mess of a person).

One day AJ said there was something HE needed to talk to me about. I said, of course.
It was there AJ told me that HE was in fact a SHE. She told me why, (SAME STORY YOU ALL HEARD) It sat with me for awhile. As a matter of fact she actually said right after she told me. "Don't respond to me, let it settle and sink in. When you're ready, Mere, we'll talk."

I'm a unique bird people... marches to a beat only I hear in my head over the screaming voices. AJ was and is my friend. A good friend... A great friend. She's sat and listened to me cry, laugh and confide. I love her and that's what it comes down to for me.

Now, I'm not going to get into the whole persona, blogger yadda yadda frim fram figgity of anything else. I don't have time, nor do I have patience for it.

Let's come clean... I'm in the process of writing my very first M/M book. I am doing it under a Pen Name. I am doing it for safety. Many of you are actually friends with her. I'm not being deceitful, if you asked me I'd tell you. I'm just not publicizing it at this time. There. That's that.

You're all entitled to your opinions and your feelings. We can battle this out like Gladiators until the last Man OR Woman is standing but why? AJ  has offered herself to you. Said, "Hey wanna have it out okay..." So do it PRIVATELY. It's respectful for her and for yourself.

As for who I'm referring to as "The Lost Soldiers" That's the ones who are supporting her and Theo Fenraven, and getting spat on for it. Leave them be... Just like you they are entitled to their own opinions. End it.

Feel your feels. We are in a genre of emotions and triumphs. We battle everyday for equality and rights. We band together through the written word and spread our love through our confessions and hope of acceptance.

So there... That's where I stand... as if it mattered <3




8 comments:

  1. Yep. Umm...so, I just want to make sure we are friends cause you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hit the nail on the head. I don't get the problems people are having; I just want to hug both of them. AJ Rose and Theo Fenraven deserve support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, your opinion matter, very much so. And no, why anyone publishes under a name other than their own shouldn't matter to anyone except the author in question. People should stop worrying about others and take a closer look at themselves before passing judgment. 'Let him who is without sin...' and such.

    Thank you for a well thought out and honest post.

    ReplyDelete