Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Release Tour: Narrow Margins by J.J. Harper #Excerpt







 Synopsis


Well known as a playboy, Griff Broderick, MotoGP world champion, didn’t realize a chance meeting in a club would lead to him looking at his life in a whole new way. What was more surprising to him, the person who changed his life was a man!
Twelve hours after the greatest night of his life, a knock on his door threatens to take that life away from him. Choosing to take the chance, Griff ignores the offers of help from the one person who knew the truth: Corrie Deschamps. Losing his job, Griff has time to ponder his errors and mistakes. He knows, the biggest one was losing Corrie.
Corrie Deschamps, injured army veteran, knows the night with Griff Broderick was only a one night thing but the stubborn man’s refusal to accept his help has Corrie frustrated. Was Griff really so ashamed to admit he was with a man? But then Corrie stumbles into a life he never expected, with a man he thought he’d never see again: his brother, Raff McMahon. He tries to forget the one night he spent with Griff Broderick, the greatest night of his life.
Another meeting, at De’ath of You Enterprise headquarters, brings them together again. Corrie’s reaction is not one Griff, or the owners of De’ath of You, expected. Refusing to have anything to do with him, Corrie storms off.
Griff knows how hard he is going to have to work to prove himself to Corrie, to get his forgiveness for rejecting him and his help. How can he prove Corrie is the man for him? That he will never want another person, male or female.
Corrie doesn’t trust Griff, never believing the gay-for-you premise, but he wants him. Corrie’s body yearns for him. Can he get over his fears and accept him into his life, and into his heart?
Will Griff be prepared to be seen with another man? Will he accept his sexuality? What happens when he gets bored and wants to return to the race track and MotoGP? Is there a place for Corrie in that lifestyle?
It’s time for them to man up and claim the love and life they want.
This is a gay love story and involves hot, steamy sex between two men and is therefore recommended for readers over the age of eighteen.


Buy Links








 Excerpt

Griff’s Point of View

“Because you’re scared it wasn’t that good?” I watch as he nods, “Trust me, babe, it was that good.” I whisper and reach up to kiss his cautious face. “Wanna check?” I wink, expecting him to laugh and shrug it off.
“Yeah, I do.” I watch as he swallows hard. “But not tonight, I’m exhausted and have taken another painkiller, but, when we’re both ready, we will.”
Anxious butterflies wake up and bluster around in my stomach. Shit, what if it’s not as good as he remembers?
“Why are you suddenly looking so nervous? Are you having second thoughts? Because, we can back off.” Corrie looks as if he expected this.
“No! No, I’m just worried that maybe it won’t be as good for you. That it won’t be what you remembered it to be. It’s narrow margins again, the difference between reality and memory, of expectations and disappointments. Y’see, I remember it as being that good, too.”
Letting him take control, I melt against him and my fingers tangle with his. When he breaks away, his eyes flare with lust as they burn into my own.
“We need to stop, Griff; I want to do this right. I’m not going to rush it.” His expression is so honest, I can only nod. Dipping his head, he kisses me softly this time. “Good night, Griff.”
I lie in his arms for a long time, listening to his quiet breathing. Every now and then, his fingers twitch and tighten around my body. My head is full of thoughts and images of my life or, more specifically, my sex life. Is this why I never felt a connection with the women I fucked in the past? Have I simply assumed I’m supposed to be straight? No, it’s not that: I like women. I like the softness of their bodies, I like the way they smell and even taste. But none of them compare to the feel of Corrie’s skin, and the hard muscles underneath, or the taste of him. The scent of his clean sweat is all man; he has a rich, slightly spicy, woodsy scent that makes my mouth water. The rough stubble on his chin excites me as my fingers scrape over his jawline. Still, I feel like I should be freaking out, I’m lying virtually naked with another man. Why does this feel so right?








 About J.J. Harper



I’m J J Harper or Jess to my friends and family. I sit in my living room typing away, with my dog and a warm fire in the winter. And in the summer, I sit in the garden soaking up the sunshine, still tapping away on my laptop, still with my dog.  I write hot, sexy and lovable male romance with men that you wish you could keep to yourselves. I find it hard to share them 😉
I stumbled into writing after a suggestion from my husband set some seeds sowing in my head and the ideas started to flow. I have found something that I absolutely love doing. I’m a true romantic and always want to see a happy ever after in my books and in life.
I’m a mother and a wife but tend not to live by those definitions, I have still yet to work out how to act my age!! Lol. And I have no intentions of growing up or growing old gracefully, I live in a small very quiet village in Lincolnshire, UK, with my husband and my dog and spend all day dreaming up stories full of really hot men.








No comments:

Post a Comment