Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Just a Moment, Please...


When I started this blog I had no idea what it would become. At first it was SO young that it consisted of my ramblings. Then it grew little by little and I am happy where it’s gone (January 9th will be a year). I don’t ramble much anymore here, anywhere really. I have a small group of friends that I truly open up to, who know me. I like it that way. I’m not ancient but I’ve been around the block a few times and I’ve learned a lot.


Once upon a time I butted into every drama, situation, anything. Why? I have no idea. It didn’t end well to say the least. I had to close many accounts, shut down an ugly part of myself. I stepped back and reevaluated things. I didn’t like my reflection too much. I saw my tainted soul through my own eyes.


What good is this life if I can’t learn from it, better myself, and hope beyond hope that maybe my experiences can help others?


I opened a new account, took a deep breath and let what I was not be forgotten. I let it guide me. 


When I chose to sit down and write a book, I chose Gay romance as the genre I’d write in. Why? Because I never felt more acceptance and love in any other place than right here.

Yeah there is a lot of drama, a lot of unnecessary hurt, it’s like that everywhere but here’s the thing… 
Why? 


Doesn’t the LGBT community fight hard enough to be equal? Don’t we eat, sleep, and breathe unity? State after state we scream, shout, and beat the chests of those who try to make us feel like we are less than human.  


I’m not saying we all MUST get along ALL the time. I’m saying if we took a step back, reevaluated things, shut down the ugly parts of ourselves, we could be better. Yeah this community has a lot to prove. We can do it. I know we can because I’ve seen miracles when we stand together. 


Don’t tear down the army that fights for you. Link arms, stand together, and be better human beings because you KNOW what it’s like to fight! 


LOVE EACH OTHER. SUPPORT EACH OTHER.

No comments:

Post a Comment